Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Breakfast With Santa Party


I spent December in Texas with family and friends and decided to throw a fun party for the kids while there.  Since my dad has played Santa for years for different functions I knew a Breakfast With Santa party was the way to go.

Between my siblings and siblings-in-law there were 18 kids so I kept it simple and send out an evite.  I know, blasphemy, right?  But, I was busy, didn't have access to my printer or computer and am trying a new mantra of keeping it simple.  We'll see how that goes.

I asked each family member to bring a breakfast item so we ended up with a potluck of pancakes, bacon, breakfast casserole, donuts, juice, chocolate milk and all sorts of yummy hot cocoa flavors.  Breakfast food is my favorite so I was more than happy that morning!  Some came in their jammies and some were dressed for the day.  I opted jammies for sure.

My parents generously opened their house for the event and I did a little decorating.  I found these great foam like snowflakes as Dollar Tree six for $1.00.  Score!  I strung them up on fishing line and my mom and mother-in-law helped me hang them through the entry way and hall with 3M hooks.  I didn't do much else decor wise since it wasn't my house and we were leaving after the party to visit Sea World for a couple of days!  (Love Sea World!) 

I put my father-in-law and brother-in-law to work with my son mixing reindeer food to give out for the kids to sprinkle on their lawn Christmas Eve night.  They mixed together oatmeal and glitter and poured it into Wilton's pretzel bags.  They were the perfect size and shape for the little ones.  I printed this poem (found all over the net) and tied them on with a ribbon:

Sprinkle this reindeer food outside tonight.
The moon will make it sparkle bright.
As Santa's reindeer fly and roam,
This will lead them to your home.


I've seen reindeer food packaged up much cuter in container and shakers and jars.  After considering most of the kids were 3-6 and would be chunking the container after one dump in the yard, I saved my pennies and the Wilton bags worked out perfectly. 

My friend had Santa hat chair covers that we borrowed for the party.  Thanks again, Heather!  So cute!

Here's Santa with a few of the kids.  He said his hat was too hot...we were in Texas, after all. 


He read The Night Before Christmas to the kids while we cleared the table and got a craft ready.


While taking turns getting their picture with Santa, the kids all made a pine cone Christmas tree ornament to take home.  I spray painted some pine cones green earlier in the week then I set out glue, pom poms, jingle bells and pipe cleaners.




My niece, Jessica, was our photographer and took pictures of everyone on Santa's lap. 

These two got my vote for "Cutest" at the party. 

Santa gave out candy treats to the kids who were more excited about that than any other part of the party.

It was a fun morning and I'd love to do it again here.  Now I just need to convince Santa to come visit early next December!






Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun idea. I love that you did crafts for the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jual obat aborsi pills cytotec asli manjur untuk menggugurkan kandungan usia 1 - 6 bulan gugur tuntas.CYTOTEC OBAT ASLI sangat efektif mengatasi TELAT DATANG BULANdan menjadikan anda gagal hamil , CYTOTEC adalah OBAT ABORSI 3 JAM BERHASIL GUGUR TUNTAS dengan kwalitas terbaik produk asli pfizer nomor 1 di dunia medis

    OBAT ABORSI DI SLAWI
    OBAT ABORSI DI SUKOHARJO
    OBAT ABORSI DI SRAGEN
    OBAT ABORSI DI REMBANG
    OBAT ABORSI DI PURBALINGGA
    OBAT ABORSI DI PEMALANG
    OBAT ABORSI DI KAJEN


    ReplyDelete
  3. jual obat aborsi pills cytotec asli manjur untuk menggugurkan kandungan usia 1 - 6 bulan gugur tuntas.CYTOTEC OBAT ASLI sangat efektif mengatasi TELAT DATANG BULANdan menjadikan anda gagal hamil , CYTOTEC adalah OBAT ABORSI 3 JAM BERHASIL GUGUR TUNTAS dengan kwalitas terbaik produk asli pfizer nomor 1 di dunia medis

    OBAT ABORSI DI BANJARNEGARA
    OBAT ABORSI AMPUH
    OBAT ABORSI DI BANYUMANIK
    OBAT ABORSI DI SOLO
    OBAT ABORSI DI UNGARAN
    OBAT ABORSI DI BANDUNGAN
    OBAT ABORSI DI MALAYSIA

    ReplyDelete