Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Caramel Apples


To celebrate the first week of fall we made caramel apples last month.  We ate a couple of them but gave the rest out to neighbors and friends. 

I started with large Gala apples I found at Sam's Club.  I bought wooden round sticks in the craft department from Michael's.  And I melted wrapped caramels in my small crock pot.  It was perfect for dipping.

After I dipped the apples I drizzled them in white chocolate and dark chocolate.  Then they all took a roll in another topping: Snickers, Heath Bar or Nuts.  They are a little messy but they passed quality inspection from my little taste testers.

I wrapped them up and added a tag I made with Shabby Princess free graphics. 

We delivered them to friends, neighbors and the ladies I visit at church.  They were yummy but they sure were messy to make so I won't be making them again any time soon.  I'll just hit up Rocky Mtn Chocolate Factory next time I need my fix.  They've perfected these babies.


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I do this every year for teachers and friends. I couldn't agree more. MESSY BUT TASTY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! I think I will have to try your recipe. I cook it with little difference. Added dairy milk chocolate and creams in middle after 30% baking. So delicious and testy dish.
    ansi safety shower

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I know you did this a while ago, but we are going to make caramel apples this week - I am so glad I saw this before we made them. I didn't think to use my small crock-pot, BRILLIANT. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing Nice collection. Check this for moreAZ captions
    Visit link
    click this for more

    ReplyDelete